MOST Policy Initiative and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) are launching a new grassroots engagement and advocacy campaign to establish and nurture local and state-based multi-disciplinary peer networks of scientists and science enthusiasts dedicated to elevating the role of science in evidence-based public policy. The goal is to help science advocates identify opportunities to engage civic and policy leaders in the role and use of the evidence-based perspective in finding locally relevant solutions. JOIN THE MAILING LIST!
MOST Policy Initiative is aimed at bringing scientists and policymakers together to improve livelihoods for people and communities in the Midwest. The Missouri Science & Technology Policy Fellows program is the core, inaugural program under the umbrella of MOST Policy Initiative.
In addition to placing scientifically-trained fellows in our state capitol to provide scientific resources for policymakers, we also connect science to policy through the following priority areas:
1. Policy Initiatives – working side-by-side with elected officials to incorporate more scientific information into state and local policy decisions
2. Empowering Scientists – providing resources and training for scientists interested in interacting with the policy-making process
3. Public Engagement – engaging with the media and broader community on issues related to science and technology.
We are a growing organization with a passion to use science to make the world a better place by starting locally. To stay up-to-date on Missouri science policy and our organization, join our mailing list or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
The State of Missouri is composed of several unique regions, requiring ample representation in the state government. For this reason, our state has one of the largest general assemblies with 197 combined senators and representatives. Due to the shear abundance and diversity of legislation passing through the assembly each session, legislators often must rely on external guidance to be adequately informed. MOST Policy Initiative serves as a consistent resource for policymakers when developing and voting on legislation that will impact their constituents.
Latest Blog Posts
- Graduating college during a global pandemic
- Understanding the Art of Science Communication
- 2020 Missouri Legislative Session: STEMM Recap
- Food, rock shows, and great people – What life is like for young professionals living in Central Missouri
- Using ‘science notes’ to share timely, relevant science with policymakers